This blog has moved

I have moved Sci-Fi Drama Queen to Wordpress. Please visit http://scifidramaqueen.wordpress.com where you will find all the same content and more!

Monday 12 April 2010

From Superman to Chuck

I've recently started watching(and quickly caught up with) Chuck. It is a show that I missed when it first started here in the UK, but admit the catalyst that made me finally stop to watch it was the fact that not one, but two Superman related actors where guest starring in season three - Kristen Kreuk (Lana Lang, Smallville) and Brandon Routh (Clark Kent/Superman, Superman Returns).



What a brilliant show Chuck is. Towards the end of season two I started to think they cannot keep up this "I am a Nerd Herd with CIA intelligence in my brain that I am trying to remove" up for another season, but they managed a new twist on it. The geek that is Chuck, is not so nerdy now as he is growing into a real life spy, with constant will they/won't they drama with his handler Sarah.

So many shows are trying to be the next Lost, and let’s face it, after the first season (or half a season in the case of Flash Forward) they always disappoint. Chuck is an example of a show that has developed great characters and a great story. It keeps the audience guessing without the drama of "what the polar bears all about?!!!" Not to mention the fantastic support cast. I loved Adam Baldwin in Firefly, and he doesn’t disappoint as the grumpy, grunting Agent Casey and Chuck's over excited friend Morgan.

I can’t wait to see what will happen with Chuck next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails