This blog has moved

I have moved Sci-Fi Drama Queen to Wordpress. Please visit http://scifidramaqueen.wordpress.com where you will find all the same content and more!

Sunday 30 May 2010

The best of Johnny

Watching Alice in Wonderland again has spurred me on to writing my next post. Johnny Depp is a brilliant actor, who plays such diverse roles and truly makes you believe he is that character. Here are my top 10 Johnny Depp characters:

10. Customer in Suit Store (Fast Show) Not necessarily a full blown character, but thoroughly entertaining to see Johnny pop up in a classic British show



9. Sam (Benny & Joon) A sweet film and Johnny plays the quirky Sam perfectly


8. Ed Wood (Ed Wood) A great portrayal of the weird director


7. Willy Wonka (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) I'm not really a fan of the film, but Johnny plays a great Wonka none the less


6. Sir James Matthew Barrie (Finding Neverland) I love the ‘Just a Dog’ line and attempt (badly) to say the line with a Scottish accent myself


5. Cry Baby (Cry Baby) Perhaps a role that Johnny wants to forget, but it’s a classic in my eyes


4. Roux (Chocolat) Well, this one is just for his beautiful tanned gypsyness!


3. Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland) A lot of make-up makes this character look brilliant, but its Johnny’s Scottish accent outbursts and believable ‘madness’ that make him the perfect Hatter


2. Edward Scissorhands (Edward Scissorhands) A brilliant performance from Johnny, who spends most of the film not talking and uses his eyes, expressions (and scissors), etc in a very early role for Jonny, showing why he deserves to be part of Hollywood royalty


1. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Carribean) Just brilliant, even if some of the films disappoint they are worth watching just for Jack


Leave a comment and let me know which is your favourite character, perhaps one that isn’t on this list?

1 comment:

  1. Yummy Mr Depp. I think my favourite Johnny is the pirate...or...gypsy...or...rockabilly. Too many to choose from!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails