This blog has moved

I have moved Sci-Fi Drama Queen to Wordpress. Please visit http://scifidramaqueen.wordpress.com where you will find all the same content and more!

Thursday 23 September 2010

An Event-ful Pilot


Now as a sci-fi geek I'm a big fan of shows such as Smallville, Supernatural, True Blood, etc. But the shows that really got me excited were Lost, Heroes and Flash Forward. So when I saw the trailer for The Event I knew it was a show that I had to watch. And it didn't dissapoint. As Lost did with the black smoke and polar bear, The Event proves within the first episode that there is more to this story than what the trailer shows you (if you've seen the trailer you will know it doesn't show you what is the event, but what isn't).

From all of the season premiere's I have seen so far (there is still a few to go) it is easily the one that has left me sitting eagerly awaiting the next episode the most. I only hope that it doesn't go down the route of Lost, Heroes and Flash Forward and try and stretch something into a long running show which is never meant to be more than one or two seasons long and ruin it. Sometimes there is a great idea for a show but there just isn't enough legs for it to be long running. That's ok, let it end after six episode or two season, at least it will be end on a high and always be remembered as a cult hit!

What did you think of the first episode?


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails