This blog has moved

I have moved Sci-Fi Drama Queen to Wordpress. Please visit http://scifidramaqueen.wordpress.com where you will find all the same content and more!

Thursday 7 October 2010

Kilburn does Comedy


So Sunday will mark the one month anniversary of me, Ocean & Lis (not forgetting Marlon the cat) living in Kilburn, the lovely NW6 area of North London. And I have never looked back. So this has spurred on a local blog post for me today.

I've been used to living in the East end or South West and out in the sticks of zone 3 where there was never anything close to home. But Kilburn has everything on my doorstep. A high street with a selection of shops and Brent Cross down the road, but even better some great bars and pubs! The North London Tavern is my local (it is on the corner of my road!) and the Goodship (great for comedy). I do love heading down the road to the Westbury as well and now there is the Betsy Smith, which I am yet to try out.

This Sunday does not just mark when Kilburn gained some lovely new people, it is also the first night of the Oxjam Kilburn Comedy festival. There are some great acts lined up including Alex Zane, Jeff Leach, Gail Porter and the brilliant Rufus Hound. I know I'll be trying to go to as many evenings as I can. And with tickets priced at £5 or £6 on the door it's a bargain for a great cause. Visit the site for more details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails